Dr. Paresh H. Shelat is an integrative naturopathic primary care physician and licensed acupuncturist in Portland, Oregon. Upon obtaining his Bachelors of Science degree in Wellness & Alternative Medicine at Johnson State College, he pursued a career in naturopathic medicine and graduated from the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM) in 2014. Following this, Dr. Shelat completed an intensive three-year residency through the Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges (AANMC). His residency had areas of focus in primary care , cardiopulmonary, endocrinology (hormones), gastroenterology, and physical medicine.
Dr. Shelat has a strong desire to practice patient-centered primary care utilizing evidence-based medicine in tandem with complementary and alternative medicine. Dr. Shelat recognizes that both western allopathic medicine and eastern medicine (naturopathy, acupuncture, etc) can work synergistically and bring about optimal health for many patients. Dr. Shelat utilizes a myriad of treatment approaches that include but are not limited to: nutraceuticals, botanicals, acupuncture / Chinese Medicine, nutrition, exercise, homeopathy, and pharmaceuticals. One of the key principles Dr. Shelat emphasizes pertains to the concept of “Your Body, Your Choice.” Every patient has the right to be informed of their medical choices, both standard of care and alternative medicine care, to make better health decisions as it pertains to optimizing their health.
Dr. Shelat treats many conditions that include but are not limited to:
- Acute and Chronic Pain:
- Low Back Pain, Neck Pain, Knee Pain, Foot and Ankle Pain, Arm and Hand Pain
- Acute Illness:
- Colds, Flu’s, Viral Illnesses, UTI’s, URI’s, Sinusitis, Ear Infections
- Autoimmune Disease / Chronic Disease:
- Hashimoto’s Disease, Celiac Disease, Psoriasis, and Vitiligo to name a few.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia
- Mental / Emotional Health:
- Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia, Sleep Issues
- Digestive Complaints:
- Diarrhea, Constipation, Heartburn, GERD, Abdominal Pain, H. Pylori, Ulcers
- Cardiopulmonary Health:
- Palpitations, Coronary Artery Disease, Atherosclerosis, DVT’s, Diabetes, Peripheral Arterial Disease, High Cholesterol
- Asthma, Bronchitis, COPD, Pneumonia
- Endocrine (Hormonal) Health:
- Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Hashimoto’s Disease,
- Female and Male Hormones, Functional Adrenal Insufficiency
Optimizing health, when it pertains to our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well being, is a journey that takes time and patience. If you’re looking for an integrative naturopathic primary care physician and acupuncturist in Portland, Oregon to help you optimize your health, schedule an appointment with Dr. Shelat today.